Monday, April 20, 2009

Boom Baby, Locks and a Whole Lot of Love

So many things happening lately! My dear friend Adeline Paule of Envisage Public Relations has signed up to help CT Xue in his quest for the ultimate branding logo. I've been enlisted to help her out behind the scenes which mostly includes getting her coffee and making sure she has enough well sharpened pencils. She also motions in CT's direction with a brightly coloured writing device and points saying "Go sit on him please." This is usually in an attempt to contain the boiling over mind that is Xue. For those curious as to what the Ultimate Branding Logo Quest is all about, CT has invited people to design a logo for him. Finalists recieve a Linden cash prize, second place, a new laptop, and the winner picks up an all expense paid trip to SLCC in San Francisco. Think I'm kidding? Check out the plurk.

Things are a-changin' at the Xue compound as now former neighbor Aisuru has demolished her property. CT created a viewing area behind a safety screen so visitors could gather and enjoy the destruction. Being the smarty pants I am, I came by at an appointed time, found no one there, slipped out to run an errand and when I came back, nothing. All gone. BUILDING GONE POOF. I mis
sed the whole show. Thankfully Aisuru posted the photojournalistic experience for all of us to enjoy. I know she will be missed by CT and friends.

In other news, plurkster Washu Zebrastripe has been a busy little bee as she organizes the 2009 Hair Fair. Dates are now set for June 20th - America's Independence Day (July 4th). Last year's festivities raised over $9,000 USD for Locks of Love. We all look forward to the hottest new styles in this years festival.

I've been helping Adeline get her SLife together with a makeover. Next time I volunteer to do this, would someone please remind me that I SUCK AT IT? The only thing I could contribute to this poor woman who had to put up with me was the discovery of some decent hair at Analog Dog. It only took
seven stores. Yes, seven. I stink that bad. So here is to patient friends with big sticks that make you sit on people!

1 comment:

Steve Vader said...

Thanks for the post--what an exciting time!

Can't wait to see who is at SLCC this year!

Mwah!!