Monday, March 3, 2008

Impeccable Anna

A few days ago, I was bored, wandering in Cetus Gallery District, and ran into an acquaintance named AnnaLise who was rearranging her gallery. A new display of art was going up from an artist who embraces what I would call "mood expression" - a contemporary expression of how she feels about things around her. We all know that I am an expert *cough* in art deconstruction *cough-yeah-cough-right* so that term is an official term in the art world... or something like that...

AnnaLise held her gallery open this weekend: ImPeccable Art; I had no idea it was her first one. With that, I am duly impressed. The gallery is elegant, with a very distinct use of space. From the playing around she did earlier in the week to the finished product left me actually verbalizing "oh wow! Nice work!". We always focus on the artists in SL - on their work - but we rarely give much thought to the person who arranges the display which is an art unto itself. Anna has a certain gift of her own. Enjoy the show and don't forget to pick up a painting of your own. You'll note how they grow on you once you see them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, thanks, Ribbons. I appreciate your positive comments, and I'm flattered that you chose to feature me in your blog!