Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A little surf

When I first entered SL, on those days that really stunk I would surf. Kind of like in RL when I was on vacation. And stressed out from it. (Don't laugh - you know you've been there!)

People who don't get SL are thinking right about now, "How could you possibly have stress? You're an avatar! In a stupid game!" I think they don't realize that some of us consider it a medium for our product. So it isn't just "a game". It's business.

Today was one of those SL stress days. Add to that the fact that I got a little flirty with a friend and would benefit from a nice cool dip, I ran over to Bora Bora and jumped on a board. After a few tricks (and multiple unsuccessful attempts to catch an image in mid flip), I dumped the board and went for a swim.

Nifty thing, I found my old life guard tower. So I shimmied up the broken ladder and laid down for a nap. Needless to say, I feel much better and far more at one with the pixels.

No comments: